The Saskatchewan Roughriders announce the following roster moves:
ADDED TO THE PRACTICE ROSTER:
- American defensive lineman Christian Albright
- American linebacker T.J. Brunson
- American defensive back Rodney Clemons
- American offensive lineman Brandon Council
- National linebacker Matt Dean
- National offensive lineman Zack Fry
- American wide receiver Kalija Lipscomb
- American defensive lineman Cody Roscoe
- Global linebacker Lukas Ruoss
- American wide receiver Kendall Watson
- American defensive back Deontai Williams
RETURNING TO SCHOOL (SUSPENDED)
- National offensive lineman Evan Floren
- National fullback Morgan Runge
- National linebacker Nick Thomas
- American offensive lineman Colin Kelly
- National offensive lineman Diego Alatorre Montoya
- American defensive lineman Stefen Banks
- American offensive lineman Adonis Boone
- American wide receiver Keith Corbin III
- American running back B.J. Emmons
- American linebacker Kyrei Fisher-Morris
- American defensive lineman Jerry Garner Jr.
- American linebacker Kolby Harvell-Peel
- American running back Javian Hawkins
- American linebacker Ryan Henry
- American defensive back Devin Jones
- National running back Kienan LaFrance
- American wide receiver Isaiah McKoy
- American defensive lineman Keshaun Moore
- American defensive back Leon O’Neal Jr.
- National defensive back Kosi Onyeka
- American offensive lineman Phil Saleh
- American wide receiver Randy Satterfield
- American offensive lineman Tre’Mond Shorts
- American running back Rodney Smith
- National kicker David Solie
- American defensive back La’Andre Thomas
Kelly (6’5-298) most recently attended minicamp with the New Orleans Saints in May. The Longview, Washington native is coming off a strong season with the XFL’s Seattle Sea Dragons where he was named a league all-star. A veteran of 90 CFL games, Kelly started 16 games at both right and left tackle for the Edmonton Elks and Hamilton Tiger-Cats in 2022.
The 33-year-old began his professional football career when he signed with the Kansas City Chiefs as an undrafted free agent following the 2013 NFL Draft and spent the entire season with the Club. In 2014, Kelly signed with the Ottawa REDBLACKS, starting 26 games over two seasons. In the 2016 season, he returned to the NFL and had stints on the practice squads of the San Francisco 49ers, Chicago Bears and the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Kelly signed with Edmonton ahead of the 2017 season and started 50 games over the next five seasons (2017-22) for the Elks before being traded to the Tiger-Cats early last season.
Kelly played five collegiate seasons (2008-12) at Oregon State University. Over his junior and senior seasons, the former Beaver started 25 straight games at right tackle.
The Roughriders will return to the field for their first practice of the regular season on Wednesday, June 7.