1. How much do Shares cost?
Shares cost $250 per share.
2. How many Shares can I purchase?
A You may purchase up to 20 Class A voting Shares in your own name. However, you may purchase additional shares and gift them to other individuals. In addition, you may purchase an unlimited number of Class B non-voting shares.
3. If I purchase Shares, will I be able to resell the shares to other people?
No. Once the Class A Shares are registered in your name, you cannot transfer Shares to a third party, except you may transfer shares to an immediate family member (spouse, father, mother, sister, brother, son or daughter) or an affiliated business entity.
4. Will I receive a tax deduction for purchasing Shares?
Your purchase does not qualify as a tax-deductible charitable donation. However, it may qualify as a business expense.
5. Will I receive any special benefits by purchasing Shares?
Yes. You will receive the following benefits as a Shareholder:
- Access to exclusive Shareholder events
- 15% off all regular priced Rider merchandise at Rider Stores
- Priority upgrade for season tickets
- Pre-sale offers for single game tickets
- Automatic entry to Shareholder contests
6. How many votes will I receive for purchasing Shares?
You will have one vote for each Class A Share you purchase in your own name, subject to a limit of 20.
7. Do I need to renew my Share each year in order to have a vote at the Annual Meeting of Members?
No. Once you become a Shareholder, you are a member for as long as the Share is in your name and you do not need to renew the membership.
Questions Relating to Purchase and Delivery of Shares
8. How do I purchase Shares?
You may purchase shares by:
- Visiting online
- Phoning 1-888-474-3377 option 3
- Visiting the Ticket Office at Mosaic Stadium
9. How can I pay for Shares?
All purchases must be made in Canadian dollars paid with money orders, personal cheques or credit card (MasterCard, Visa and American Express). Cheques and money orders must be made payable to “The Riders”.
10. When can I expect to receive the Share Certificates?
It will take approximately 6 to 8 weeks to deliver the executed Share Certificates.
11. How can I make the Shares a gift?
If you desire to purchase shares for others, please call the Ticket Office at 1-888-474-3377 option 3. If the recipient is a minor, you or a guardian that you appoint will be the trustee for the gifted shares until the recipient reached the age of 18.
12. If I purchase Shares for others, where will the Share Certificates be sent?
Share Certificates for all the Shares you purchase in your name as well as those in the name of others will be mailed to you at your mailing address (address of Purchaser). That way you can deliver the Certificates yourself in a manner of your choosing.
If you have additional questions concerning how to purchase Shares, payment for Shares or delivery of certificates, you may contact the Rider Ticket Office at 1-888-474-3377 #3, Monday through Friday between 9 am and 5 pm.