Game Entertainment & Events Intern
This internship is perfect for those looking to use the extensive knowledge gained from their recent degree and apply it to gain unique experience in the Sports & Entertainment Industry.
- Term: May 1, 2023 – December 15, 2023
- Full-time, salaried role
- Open to student and new grads (up to 24 months post graduation). We are looking for top local talent to share, inspire and grow the passion that fuels Rider Nation and our province! Therefore, applicants must be Saskatchewan based or a returning local resident.
The Roughriders are currently scouting for a creative, driven individual to join our Fan Engagement team!
The Game Entertainment & Events Intern will work within the Fan Engagement team to support Game Day entertainment and activations. This crucial role will support both fan engagement aspects of Game Day as well as ensure our corporate partnerships are fulfilled and Game Day assets are delivered.
- Assist in organization of game day specific needs including activation support, entertainment teams, game day talent, pre-game and post-game events, brand ambassador(s) management, Promo-Team communication
- Assisting in all aspects of event management including researching, project planning, organization, communicating, executing and reporting on all events and special events
- Supporting Game Day activities which include coordination of halftime entertainment, partnership activations/promotions, production documents, ticketing needs as assigned by the Corporate Partnerships/Game Day Department
- Supporting organizational events and programs as needed
- Participation in the activation, tracking and fulfillment process of partnership contracts and expectations
- Any other game day and event duties as assigned
What’s needed to be successful in this role?
- Enrollment in or completion of a Business Administration post-secondary program, preferably with a Marketing or Sports Management major
- Experience using MS Office (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Detail oriented with great time management skills to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and maturity when responding to staff, corporate partners and the public
- Team oriented attitude with a “can do” service focus to achieve organizational results
- Ability to work longer hours during the season, especially game days which are crucial for availability
Meet the Team!
Wonder who you’d be working with? For those that have a LinkedIn, we have provided a link to their profile for easy access. Now is your chance to check out your potential manager and/or teammates!
Please click here to apply through our online portal. Please ensure you complete the application in entirety, which includes attaching your cover letter and resume. Applications must be received by February 23, 2023.