Special Events & Marketing Intern
This internship is perfect for those looking to use the extensive knowledge gained from their recent degree and apply it to gain unique experience in the Community & Events Industry.
- Term: May 2, 2022 – December 31, 2022
- Open to student and new grads (up to 24 months post graduation). We are looking for top local talent to share, inspire and grow the passion that fuels Rider Nation and our province! Therefore, applicants must be Saskatchewan based or a returning local resident.
The Riders are currently scouting for a creative, driven individual to join The Saskatchewan Roughrider Foundation! This is a great time to join the Rider family and be a part of the 2022 Grey Cup!
The Special Events & Marketing Intern will report to and work closely with the Executive Director to collaborate and assist in the delivery of Events and Marketing/Community initiatives for the 2022 Season. This role will serve as a cross functional role, directly and indirectly supporting the Foundation and external stakeholders.
Where will your talents be focused? (Includes, but is not limited to)
- Provide Operational marketing support to the Foundation
- Contribute to the development of creative programs to drive revenue streams, digital traffic, fan engagement, fan rewards and data acquisition
- Provide support to Major Fundraising Events such as the SaskTel Plaza of Honour
- Provide assistance in the execution of email marketing for the Foundation
- Assisting in marketing research as needed including survey design and communication support for execution and maintenance
- Assist with management of digital channels
- Support the planning, development, and execution of community events
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
What’s needed to be successful in this role?
- Enrollment in or completion of a Business Administration post-secondary program, preferably with a Marketing major
- Strong understanding of digital and E-marketing
- Talent for executing Marketing plans and strategy
- Experience using MS Office (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Detail oriented with great time management skills to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Team first mentality, ready to assist and support all departments of the team when needed
- Passion and drive reflective in all work
- Ability to work longer hours during the season, especially game days which are crucial for availability
- Prior experience in event coordination and management is a plus!
Meet the Team!
Wonder who you’d be working with? For those that have a LinkedIn, we have provided a link to their profile for easy access. Now is your chance to check out your potential manager and/or teammates!
Marnie Forsberg – Project Administration Associate
Please click here to apply through our online portal. Please ensure you complete the application in entirety, which includes attaching your cover letter and resume. Applications must be received by March 7, 2022.