Football Operations Intern
This internship is perfect for those looking to use the extensive knowledge gained from their recent degree and apply it to gain unique experience in the Sports & Entertainment Industry.
- Term: May 2, 2022 – December 31, 2022
- Open to student and new grads (up to 24 months post graduation). We are looking for top local talent to share, inspire and grow the passion that fuels Rider Nation and our province! Therefore, applicants must be Saskatchewan based or a returning local resident.
The Riders is currently scouting for a motivated individual to assist our Football Operations team!
Reporting to the Manager, Football Operations, the Football Operations Intern is responsible for general operational and administrative support for Football Operations and game day activities. This position will assist a variety of functions including administration, game day preparation, player coordination, etc.
Where will your talents be focused? (Includes, but is not limited to)
- Support the organizational and administrative needs of the Football Operations department including filing, scheduling, and correspondence
- Overall support for the players needs such as, but not limited to, assisting with housing, relocation, ordering meals, and running errands
- Providing game day, practice and training camp support including errands, preparation, set-up and clean up
- Assist in player onboarding, set-up and coordination of scheduling needed services/meetings. This includes transportation to and from the airport
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
What’s needed to be successful in this role?
- Enrolled in post-secondary studies in business, administration, or sports management
- One year related experience in an office environment
- Proven skill in juggling multiple priorities and attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment with shifting priorities
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) Ability to work alone and in a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be physically able to meet demands of field work and general office duties
- Ability to work longer hours during the season, especially game days which are crucial for availability
- Confidentiality is a must and is an expectation from all employees
Meet the Team!
Wonder who you’d be working with? For those that have a LinkedIn, we have provided a link to their profile for easy access. Now is your chance to check out your potential manager and/or teammates!
Jeremy O’Day – General Manager & Vice President of Football Operations –
Jordan Greenly – Manager of Football Operations
Chase Pelletier – Football Operations Coordinator
Please click here to apply through our online portal. Please ensure you complete the application in entirety, which includes attaching your cover letter and resume. Applications must be received by March 7, 2022.