Riders Announce Further Details on Game Day Verification Program
With the announcement this past Friday implementing new public health orders, there have been some changes in our entry protocols. On game days, vaccination verification or a verified negative test will be needed to enter Mosaic Stadium.
Since this process is brand new, the Club leaned on the knowledge of Ministry officials and the SHA to ensure it addressed the needs from a health perspective, while also taking into consideration the game day experience of its fans and ensuring the smoothest process possible to assist getting them into the stadium to enjoy the game.
Fans with Two Doses
- Fans age 12 and over must be able to verify they have received two doses (the second dose must be received no later than September 25th) if Pfizer, Moderna, or AstraZeneca vaccines (or a mixture of two) or a single dose of Johnson and Johnson to be permitted to enter Mosaic Stadium on game day.
- Authorized proof of vaccination now includes the QR code located in the SK Vax Wallet.
- The Covid-19 Vaccination QR code available on an individual’s MySaskHealthRecord account or located on the SK Vax Wallet App is the preferred vaccination record for entry to Mosaic Stadium and will provide the smoothest verification process on game day.
- Other accepted documentation includes proof of vaccination from eHealth Saskatchewan’s individual MySaskHealthRecord accounts and the SHA card provided at the time of vaccination provided it is complete.
- Fans 18 and older, will be required to present Photo ID matching the name on the vaccination record. Fans aged 12-17 will be required to show their vaccine record and corresponding ID (Does not need to be photo) unless accompanied by someone over 18. Fans under the age of 12 are exempt from the policy.
- Other documents such as the immunization wallet card received at the time of vaccination, COVID immunization records from public health, Armed Forces records or out of province/out of country proof of vaccination will also be considered but may require extra verification by volunteers/SHA personnel.
- Stick it to Covid vaccine stickers will not be accepted as proof of vaccination.
Fans with a Single Dose or Unvaccinated Fans
- For a fully vaccinated entry, you must have received your second shot a minimum of 14 days prior to the game, this being September 25th or earlier.
- If you are not fully vaccinated under the current criteria, you will need to provide proof of a negative covid test result from an authorized third-party provider. Home tests are not accepted. Tests must be dated no earlier than October 6th.
- Anyone not meeting the vaccination requirement (1 dose, medical, personal choice) will be required to have an approved test completed.
- Rapid or PCR tests will only be accepted if completed by a certified clinic and documentation displays a fans name as matched by photo ID as well as the date of collection and results of the test.
- Approved COVID-19 test results must be from approved SHA testing clinics. All other types of results will be escalated To the SHA Vaccine Verification Team.
- Note: Due to SHA labs experiencing an increase in volume, anyone requiring proof of a negative test is encouraged to seek private options that can guarantee a timely result.
- Game Day rapid testing will be available. Haztech will have a rapid testing clinic on site located at Elevator Lobby 2 on the west side of Mosaic Stadium for fans to access at their expense.
- Prescreening of vaccination status will be available on Thursday, October 7th, from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Friday, October 8th, from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Rider Ticket Office at Mosaic Stadium. You can present any of the authorized proofs of vaccination or negative test results for verification to help streamline your entry at the gates.
- Gates will open 1.5 hours prior to kick-off for fans to enter the stadium. We advise fans to come no later than 1 hour before game time to ensure efficient entry and avoid missing the start of the game.
- All fans will be required to complete the first point of entry which includes Proof of Vaccination and Photo ID or Photo ID and a negative test result within 72 hours of the game.
To protect the privacy of fans, the Saskatchewan Roughriders will not be retaining or storing any medical information or proof of vaccination from its ticket holders.
EXAMPLE OF PROOF OF VACCINATION OR NEGATIVE TEST – DOWNLOAD PDF