Regina - Sept. 19, 2012
Citizens now have an opportunity to learn about the Regina Revitalization Project (RRI) and view the first set of concept drawings for the new stadium at a new website: ReginaRevitalization.ca.
The various images, which will be used to guide the RFP process, show the new 33,000-seat stadium building at Evraz Place from a number of angles and highlight the features that will make it a showpiece:
• A modern and innovative design inspired by the prairie sky
• A “spectator roof” that protects fans and maintains the option to fully enclose the stadium at a later date
• A sunken bowl design and expandable seating capacity for major events
• Modern fan amenities including individual seats with better views of the field
• New plaza and outdoor spaces for events
• Multi purpose lounges and spaces that can be used year-round
This is our community stadium – a place to gather and celebrate and a point of pride for generations to come,” said Deputy City Manager and CFO Brent Sjoberg, who is responsible for the project. “This stadium is equipped to serve both the needs of our growing population and the many minor sports groups that use the stadium.”
The Regina Revitalization Project consists of three major components: the redevelopment of a section of CP lands adjacent to the Warehouse District, the decommissioning of the current Mosaic stadium and redevelopment of those lands, and a new stadium at Evraz Place.
A future information session on the new stadium concept designs is also currently being planned. Details around dates and times will be published to ReginaRevitalization.ca as they become available.
|September 6, 2015||Winnipeg||Saskatchewan||@ 2:00 PM|